Monday, March 2, 2009

First Mate reporting for Duty, Cap'n....!

Heheh. Well, let's just say there's been a shift change! SophieJane and her mom have made their entrance into the world of Roatan! Anyone out there ever spent any time in the clink? ...or as we like to call it......The Official Customs Cubicle!! Kinda scary at first but then, ya know...when the officer looks like a spanish hunk from a porn mag......it's not so bad!! Or Erick Estrada in the old days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you can imagine the conversation being had between my river rat accent and his NO englaish speaking bod......after those really nice bloody marys and 3 or 4 glasses of wine in FIRST CLASS!! heh...love me up some first class service!

Flights were good. And we arrived in Roatan about 1:30. After spending a bit of time with new best friend....and it being Sunday with no veterinarians to come to our aid, I managed to talk my way out of there with the promise of seeing the vet "manana"! I will, I will......sometime.
Not even gonna tell A.J. about all the paperwork!!

Arrived at Blew Bayou and the views are spectacular. Spent the whole afternoon under a palapa at the end of a pier watching the colors of the water.......that just doesn't suck, ya know?
Nor does the crew of the 100ft yacht right beside us......but that will have to be another post!
Had a lovely dinner on the porch of the Barefoot Cay marina and a evening of quiet bliss........well, kinda quiet!! HehHeh!!
















Nope, doesn't suck!!

3 comments:

  1. You go girlfriend. Glad to hear you are back on the water and with your Captain. We just hit St. Barths so the living is fast and exciting. Who wouldn't love to meet all the hunks we get to know? You should have seen the guy selling chocolate elcairs this morning. Yeah Baby, Cruising Chicks have it good. It would only be better if our boats were anchored next to each other. Happy Sailing and a Toast to the Captain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Divine view J, glad to hear you made it out there in good shape as did Miss SJ. I'll be watching your blog for more pics soon and the story about the yacht along side Blew Bayou! I emailed ya... a lil pic of some sweet finds for your kitchen! I'll send along once I know you're on your way back to the hacienda! Have a super time! Rock the boat... rock the boat baby! ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who woulda thunk Miss Sophie Jane could cause so much trouble. Just like her mama...she LOOKS all sweet and innocent...

    Glad the travel was good and that Honduras had eye candy all lined up for you upon arrival. I bet you special ordered that, right?

    Did you feel the earth shift again?? cLisa and I just bought our tickets. WOOO!!

    ReplyDelete