So, today was our errand day. Getting ready for kids to come tomorrow. Doing chores. AND GOING TO TOWN....!!! Now, I really need to explain this haircut adventure. Cap'n has been on the boat for 2 months. Granted, he got a haircut right before he left AND he is a sailor but really...it was time. Even the manager of the marina told him it was time. So, this am we get Antoni, our friendly taxi driver, to take us to get a haircut. At first, he says "I need to think about it first. Who could cut your hair...a gringo and all!" We get to the barberia and Antoni says "Can you cut the hair of a cowboy from Texas?" Barber says, "He didn't care if the cowboy was from Minnesota, New York or Texas...he could cut that hair!"
So he does. And fast. I took the pic of cap'n in the chair, turn around to get some outside shots and when I turn back around, ALL the cap'n's hair is gone! Shaved his neck with a raw razor blade. That'll be 5 bucks, senor!! I love it........took 10 yrs off the cap'n!! ummm...cap'n wasn't so sure at first, but I think he's ok now. And like the owner of the marina says, "when you get a haircut in Honduras, you sure don't have to get them as often!" Whew....quite an experience. Then to the pharmacia to pick up a few things.....next, to the hotbox for lunch. Pastalitas and lechon. Watched the school crossing guard put up his sign while the kids went across the street to have their lunch at the church. Stopped for a watermelon at the watermelon store! And finally, to the grocery store....and man, oh man do I ever love shopping in a foreign grocery store......again, whew!!
So see? errands are errands anywhere you go. But when you throw in the Hondurian spice, it sure is alot more fun!!


Oh and one more thing............Look out Bauer Hardware!!



Captain is looking good. Still missing you both but really we are missing your fabulous MARGARITAS!!! We leave BVI soon and will be in Puerto Rico. We would rather be with you, sailing the clear blue sea. Have fun with the kids!
ReplyDeleteCan't wait to run errands with ya!!
ReplyDeleteclisa