OMG! Seriously, that's all I can say right now. We've been looking for a place to stay for a couple nights in the rainforest. FOUND IT!!
We went on a research trip today, into the Pico Bonito National Forest...where I might add is the most gorgeous and biggest waterfall I've ever seen. Our hike to it will be tomorrow. 2 hrs to the falls and one hour back. And hopefully, we'll then sit by the infinity pool overlooking Rio Cangrejal. No lie! It is the most beautiful, tropical paradise ever. Seems like I keep saying that over and over, don't I??! Can't help it. Each day brings more beauty to these ol' eyes...
So.........I will post pics when I take more but until then I'm sending you the link to the villas.
http://www.villaspicobonito.com/index.html
Yesterday, we visited the Lodge at Pico Bonito and it was fabulous as well, but alas, no perro allowed.....so my talk to the sophiejane perro last night was that if this gets to be a habit she will stay at 'rio bonito' while mom goes to 'pico bonito'!!
And in town today? Pastelitos, rice and beans and fried plantains for lunch. And for those of you who don't know...this woman is a tamale lover.....in every sense of the word. And our driver took me to a tamale stand in the marketplace that would put U.S. tamales to shame. Shame, I tell ya. We had one to share and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. SO good that we went back on our way back to the boat and bought some more for dinner. You'll see when you see my pics of the most fab tamales in the whole wide world!!
Oh..........and if you have a chance go look up Cascada el Bejuco. It's the waterfall that we'll be seeing tomorrow!!
We went on a research trip today, into the Pico Bonito National Forest...where I might add is the most gorgeous and biggest waterfall I've ever seen. Our hike to it will be tomorrow. 2 hrs to the falls and one hour back. And hopefully, we'll then sit by the infinity pool overlooking Rio Cangrejal. No lie! It is the most beautiful, tropical paradise ever. Seems like I keep saying that over and over, don't I??! Can't help it. Each day brings more beauty to these ol' eyes...
So.........I will post pics when I take more but until then I'm sending you the link to the villas.
http://www.villaspicobonito.com/index.html
Yesterday, we visited the Lodge at Pico Bonito and it was fabulous as well, but alas, no perro allowed.....so my talk to the sophiejane perro last night was that if this gets to be a habit she will stay at 'rio bonito' while mom goes to 'pico bonito'!!
And in town today? Pastelitos, rice and beans and fried plantains for lunch. And for those of you who don't know...this woman is a tamale lover.....in every sense of the word. And our driver took me to a tamale stand in the marketplace that would put U.S. tamales to shame. Shame, I tell ya. We had one to share and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. SO good that we went back on our way back to the boat and bought some more for dinner. You'll see when you see my pics of the most fab tamales in the whole wide world!!
Oh..........and if you have a chance go look up Cascada el Bejuco. It's the waterfall that we'll be seeing tomorrow!!

I am soooo enjoying your posts. It's the closest I can imagine to being there. Thanks for sharing!!
ReplyDelete