For my children that know us so well, especially Amy!!, we all know that 'mccormick' and 'stay with the plan' don't always go hand in hand! The "plans" that I wrote of yesterday had changed by the time I got up this morning. New plan? Crank 'er up and hit the road...er, water~~! Cap'n decided that we should leave early and go to Pollytilly Bight to check out the beaches over there. So, we did! Hey.....the cap'n knows the weather patterns and the forecasts....I just get up, put my bathing suit on and say Aye Aye cap'n!! Well.....some of the time that's what I say. Heh! Beautiful morning. I'm amazed at the cool breezes we've had. Never have we been hot or had to think of using A.C. So, for 2 hrs, we rode in happy mode to our next destination. Have to give it to the captain....been some really tight spots to get into these anchorages around the reefs. He just drives this baby in like it's a lil VW! As you saw in previous pic, we did run across a line today that got caught up in the motors. Matt, our second son laughed and said...."Well, I guess after a month, it's time you got in the water!!" (to cut the line from the motor) I think the boys usually tend to that kind of stuff when they're here!
Soon after anchor, we dinghy....or dinky as the daughter in law calls it!.....to Punta Gorda for some grilled lobster. YUM. Then back to move the boat over to Milton's Bight, where we are anchored for the night. Such a beautiful place. Had dinner ashore in their restaurant and we are just amazed at how little the great foods cost here. You can have a really great meal in a beautiful restaurant and you don't feel like you've been screwed, ya know? Like in some of the places at home?
And as I mentioned to some friends earlier? The icing on the cake to these delicious meals in these pretty places? We get to ride back to our home in the dinky under the most brilliant star-lit sky imaginable. Every night has been crystal clear with a moon as big as the sky!
I am one lucky girl!!
View from where we ate lunch. 'Parking lot' outside restaurant~



Boy on left was having a bowl of fish stew after school and the one on right was just so happy to have found an old tire ring to play with. They are so happy with so little......

No comments:
Post a Comment