Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sandy Bay at Roatan

Whew! We're back on the island of Roatan. The cap'n haphazardly mentioned yesterday that maybe I should catch a puddle jumper back to Roatan from Utilla Island. Yep...know what that means...that means that it might be a rough sail back to Roatan. Hmmmmmmmm....I didn't say anything, just shook my head and said hmmmmmm. But as ya'll all know, I'm a big girl now since I walked across that frickin' bridge so I just went with the flow. Plan was to leave early this morning and since I sleep like a baby when the motor is running, we could be most of the way there by the time I woke up!! I did hear the dinghy start up to take the perro to shore and I did smell the coffee brewing and I did feel the boat rockin' but *snort* I really did sleep thru most of it!! I heard the engines shut down and came up only to find the cap'n not only driving the boat but fishing!! And catching a nice mauhi-mauhi!!! Heh. He is cleaned and in the freezer now!(the fish, not the cap'n!)



So, we come on in and anchor right outside the Anthony Key Resort. http://www.1-800-scuba-dive.com/anthonys-key-resort/?s_cid=8SDAD106&gclid=CKzkgZiEn5kCFSBinAodhHGppw Where I might add, we are also right next to a dolphin lagoon where they have 'dolphin extravaganzas' where you can swim with and pet and kiss and have your pic made with the dolphins. Well, they charge said dolphin kissers 75 smackeroos to engage in such activity. But moi, I, just got out the ol' binoculars and watched all the dolphin activity I could handle for a great big nuthin'!! Sorry, amy...I know how you love to swim with 'em but I just couldn't see that money going out so quickly. So, tomorrow, I'll get the 'big' lens out and get some shots for ya! And the funny thing? Tonight, when we were dinghying back from eating dinner, we could hear and see them playing and jumping and so we heard from the dolphin trainers........mating!!
We spent the day walking and exploring the area. Also searching for beaches for buddies when they come to visit. And tomorrow?? A visit to the Butterfly Farm..vera excited about that!! And don't worry you sailors.........even tho he's doing all this stuff with me, he's still getting to fly those sails in the most gorgeous weather and fair winds imaginable!


So.........I leave you tonight... while the most beautiful moon is shining down upon slow, rippling waters... with a picture of the 'baby' that I took from a place where we had burgers for lunch...


No comments:

Post a Comment