Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Visions of the Caribbean dancing in her head?....



Um. nope. I don't think so.
It is rainy and cold and nasty here.
And sophiejane had to have a microchip put into her ownself this morning.
And she has had a flare-up of colitis, thank you very much, mr. cardinal, who flew into my sunroom window, God rest his soul, and fell to his death. To which ms. sophie decided she should taste its remains. And therein lies the problem.

By 10:30 am, she had been to the vet. Had her identification chip put in. Had rectal exams~sorry~and x-rays and blood work done. Given dopey meds and lomotil and antibiotics.

The next course of action was to feel sorry for her, hold her AND make a fire for her to lie beside to make all those horrible memories of "that place" (Dr. C's office!) go away.

Do I think she's happy about flying away to another country with foreign dogs and beach bugs??
Not today!!!

As of last night, the Cap'n and C--t dog were still in the marina at Barefoot Cay. The first mate brought some supplies with him and they had a workday...ahem.....on the boat yesterday..and were supposed to be heading out to sail today. To discover. To find new and exciting places to take our company to when they come to visit! Will be interesting to find out exactly what kind of trouble, er..I mean, 'places' that they find. For some reason, topless beaches keep coming to mind. Heh.

But I have been able to obtain a short list of the places the first crew did while aboard:
After being at the Blue Hole, they had to backtrack to anchor at Tobacco Range for the night because it seems that someone forgot to check out of Belize before going into Honduras!!!!! They sailed to Dan Griga for this task and found out that this is no longer a check out point. So...30 miles south to Big Creek at Plancencia. Finally.. Checked out!
Then, on to Rumquana Pass, thru the reef and 16 hrs into the wind to Roatan. In the cap'n's words, it was a bit choppy. Now, lemme just elaborate on this. When the cap'n says "choppy"...that usually means waters so rough I go into the fetal position with my fingers in my ears and pray to the lords above to let it be over! And from what I've heard from some crew members, they may have felt that way too!!

They anchored at West End for the night and then moved to Barefoot Cay, which is where they were last night.

My boys are home and their pictures are amazing! I have learned that there is now fresh tuna and mauhi-mauhi in the freezer onboard and that they were able to bring a large shark and stingray to the boat during their fishing escapades.....the images were awesome!

So while I sit here and type this, looking out the window at the rain and the mush -----incoming!! another bird bites the dust--windows must be too clean!!! HA!!! ----I am thinking of blue waters and warm breezes. Adventures to be had and laughter that tickles your bones and can be heard thru the skiies.
Blew Bayou is waiting!!!!!!
...still thinkin' 'bout that plane ride!

3 comments:

  1. Poor Miss Sophie, she'll be better in no time I'm sure... she's happy as long as she's with you MsMac. Love the new blog theme, you're something else with your fancy-ing up the place here! Sounds like the guys have loads of adventures planned for you in the coming weeks... lucky you!! ~Katy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janey Mac,

    You are the bomb! Your blog looks awesome and we are sending good wishes to Sophie. I remember her loving the boat or was it the margaritas? You'll be there soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janey,

    I guess you got "our" stormy weather!! You are probably very ready for some tropical weather (the good kind of course!)

    Sorry about your doggie, hope she's feeling better.

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete