Today, my boys are saying goodbye to their time on Blew Bayou for this shift! They are flying back home to wives and girlfriends and their favorite recliners!! I cannot wait to see them and get first hand accounts of their time on the boat and the adventures they have had. I know how special it was for their dad to have them with him and from the bits I have heard, it was special for them too!
Now........along comes a new first mate, c---! His wife and I are good friends and they sailed with us last year in Antiqua, so he knows the boat and he is way good with pulling his weight and helping the cap'n. They will have 2 weeks to scope out all that is to be seen and done, all foods sampled and I'm sure, the first mate, will sample his weight in beers!! He will leave on the 28th and I arrive on the 1st of March and hopefully, he and his lil sailin' buddy wife will come back for a week in late April.
Right now, Blew Bayou is at Barefoot Cay in Roatan where the cap'n will stay until the next crew arrives on Sunday. He obtained a new Hondurian phone today so hopefully we will have better connections and be able to catch up with all things, both from home and from the sea!
http://www.barefootcay.com/
Meanwhile, I'm busy trying to get my lil SophieJane legal to visit a third world country. Thank God for our Vet and good friend, Dr. C, who is doing alot of the leg work for me. I spent about 3 hrs on the phone with the Hondurian embassy in Washington D.C. yesterday and found out in one sentence ......FINALLY......that she has to have a health certificate from the Dept of Agriculture sent back and forth between their dept and our vet and back again...and all has to be done within 10 days before travel. No sooner. BY MAIL.......................!!!!!!! Hmmmmmm, wonder how long THAT will take??!!! Thank God for Dr. C!!
So.....................that's all I have for now. Hopefully, I'll have more to write after I talk to cap'n on his new phone. And since I've talked about sophiejane, I'll just have to include a pic of her from her trip to the Dominican Republic last yr!!!
Oh wait.......that's just a beautiful island we visited....!

Now........along comes a new first mate, c---! His wife and I are good friends and they sailed with us last year in Antiqua, so he knows the boat and he is way good with pulling his weight and helping the cap'n. They will have 2 weeks to scope out all that is to be seen and done, all foods sampled and I'm sure, the first mate, will sample his weight in beers!! He will leave on the 28th and I arrive on the 1st of March and hopefully, he and his lil sailin' buddy wife will come back for a week in late April.
Right now, Blew Bayou is at Barefoot Cay in Roatan where the cap'n will stay until the next crew arrives on Sunday. He obtained a new Hondurian phone today so hopefully we will have better connections and be able to catch up with all things, both from home and from the sea!
http://www.barefootcay.com/
Meanwhile, I'm busy trying to get my lil SophieJane legal to visit a third world country. Thank God for our Vet and good friend, Dr. C, who is doing alot of the leg work for me. I spent about 3 hrs on the phone with the Hondurian embassy in Washington D.C. yesterday and found out in one sentence ......FINALLY......that she has to have a health certificate from the Dept of Agriculture sent back and forth between their dept and our vet and back again...and all has to be done within 10 days before travel. No sooner. BY MAIL.......................!!!!!!! Hmmmmmm, wonder how long THAT will take??!!! Thank God for Dr. C!!
So.....................that's all I have for now. Hopefully, I'll have more to write after I talk to cap'n on his new phone. And since I've talked about sophiejane, I'll just have to include a pic of her from her trip to the Dominican Republic last yr!!!
Oh wait.......that's just a beautiful island we visited....!
Here is the queen!! (with her cap'n!)
No comments:
Post a Comment