I'm lazy! That's why.Blew Bayou has set sail again and I will be joining the 09 adventure in March. I always journal during my trips and send copies to the petite blew bayou-ers (which will now be referred to as BB's.....see how quickly I'm catching on the ease of this style of writing?!!) to keep them abreast of what's going on out there in the wild blue yonder. But the more I thought of it, this will be an easier ~there's that word again~ way to keep them up to date. They can store the addy and just check in at their convenience. As well as our friends.
So.........let's begin another adventure with a capital "A"!!! --shall we?
The cap'n and his middle and youngest son, which also equates to MY sons as well!, left home early on the morning of Jan. 26 headed for Tampa. This is where Blew Bayou has been living since the end of the 08 escape. They moved the boat out to darker waters on the night of the 27th to anchor and get an early start on the sail out to sea. This is the youngest's first time out on the boat to actually sail from point A to point B....and of course, he immediately caught on so well that he was actually given a night shift to sail that boat in the very dark, deep waters!! Are ya catching on to mom's slight of voice here?? I tend to worry just a bit when they're way out there anyway and knowing that my baby boy was at the helm on the first night out?? Well, I just won't go there.................but he did great! Not one shark jumped into the boat and not one other ship was hit!
And because I'm only getting parts of the details cuz that sattelite phone just isn't the greatest invention in the world for communicating, I'm going to just generalize this part. Once onboard, I'll get the real skinny and report back. Or maybe I won't and that will work out better, heehee! Ya know....male bonding when they're all grown just may not be something I wanna know all about.
After almost 5 1/2 days of 24 hr. sailing, they made landfall about 10:30 on Monday morning, the 2nd of Feb!!!!!!!! I cannot wait to hear all about it. I know the boys have caught fish....mauhi-mauhi! --that I hear they forgot to clean and did not make it into my freezer. What? Is? Up? With? That????? I'll let that one slide, tho, since I know how exhausted they were once they hit land. Oh.........they're in Belize!! Cool Beans, eh? They spent all day yesterday just going thru customs and prolly getting boat back in order..(I hope!) Today, they are in exploring mode. I think I heard Caulker Cay being talked about.......I think they're having a blast and my heart is happy just thinking of father and sons being able to share such a fabulous time together.
Although not a fan of blobbing myownself (I'm with you on the real life letters, J), I personally cannot wait to read about your adventures. I hung on every word of your reports from last year's escapade and I'm looking forward to living vicariously through you again this year :)
ReplyDelete