Monday, February 2, 2009

A new year...A new blob....the next adventure!

The time has come. Technology has reared its ugly head and this ol' woman is giving in to the times. Blobbing. Heheh....that's the word I've always used in talking about people's blogs. Maybe because I still love the art of letter writing..remember that? When a person actually takes out a pen and writes thoughts and sentiments on a piece of paper, takes the time to lick a stamp and actually take it to a mailbox to be delivered; where in my mind, I imagine the receiver actually getting excited about "getting mail"! Now, everyone just types out a blip, hits the send button and knows that the receiver's "You've Got Mail" sound will bleep out its call. And because a blog can be written and sent to so many people so easily, making it much 'easier' to send mail and share life's adventures, that the task of actually writing a letter is almost non-existent....therefore, the term "blob" has become a staple in my vocabulary.
I don't know. It just seemed to fit.

So, there's that.

How's that for an introduction of my first post on my first blob? Just a small glimpse into the weird wiring of this brain and how it will spew out craziness in all aspects of life! Just ask my daughters-in-law!!

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations and welcome to the world of blobbing! everything looks wonderful, i love the theme you chose!! see ya soon! ~K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very Good! You are so technologically advanced---can we still be BFFs?! Can't wait for the next installment! Mwah! XOXOXO
    Tam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Has hell finally frozen over??? Oh, no, not yet I don't have a Blob yet...

    Love the theme!!!
    deb

    ReplyDelete