whew!! After a full day of travel, with thankfully, no problems, sophiejane and I made it back home about 9pm on Thursday night. And I kid you not......I was literally walking around my house... appreciating the room, the carpet, the smells, my BATHTUB, my bed! Even tho Blew Bayou provides us with so many opportunities for adventure, it's still a boat. And boats are not real roomy! And I have to admit it......I like home. Alot!
Spent Friday sleeping.....and going thru 2 months of snail mail.
Spent Saturday being very lazy and enjoying walking around our property.
Hey!! It takes time getting back into the real world after becoming such professional bums.
One of the sailors we met in Roatan told us that he and his wife try to get one piece of work done everyday.....ex: tending to repairs on boat, diving, cooking....and then taking the rest of the day off! Hmmmmmmmm. Sounds like a plan to me!!
So today, I plan to drive over to the camp and see what needs to be done there. I know all of my flowers have bloomed and the weeds are probably taking over. It's a beautiful Sunday and I think that sophie will be very happy to get back to chasing squirrels!
Cap'n left Barefoot Cay marina yesterday afternoon, pointed in the direction of Utila, his checkout point for leaving Honduras. He spent a few days after I left getting boat ready for travel. When I talked to him last night, he was sitting in the bay at the island of Utila. Plans were for him to leave early this morning headed toward Guatamala, stopping at Punta Sol for the night. Only a 6-7 hr. voyage. He is a lone sailor at this point and I'll be ready to hear he's reached his destination, Rio Dulce, where he plans to leave his boat for the summer.
Will keep you posted as I hear details.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment